It's not just about being a real estate agent

While contestants usually enter The Block armed with a range of unique skills, this year one couple comes more prepared than most.


Jesse, who is taking part with girlfriend Mel, has both real estate and trade experience under his belt. And the St Kilda local thinks it will give them the edge in the competition.

"I'm hoping that with my experience in real estate I have an understanding of what the buyers will be looking for when it comes to floor plans and what level of luxury they'll expect of this price point," he explained.

"I've sold a lot of nice homes in the area so I'll be taking a lot of inspiration from those properties to create our own beautiful property."

One of the nice homes Jesse has sold is Courtney and Hans' apartment from the Gatwick in 2018. But he doesn't plan on auctioning his and Mel's Oslo property.

"I wouldn't enjoy it if I did my own auction," he said.

Way before he put any properties under the hammer Jesse was actually a tiler, something he hopes will help in more ways than one.

"When it comes to tiling it's a finishing trade and it's all about getting your measurements right and setting it out properly, so I'm hoping that'll be able to help me with the whole build, not just when it comes to bathrooms."


Previous Next