In what could only be described as a heartbreaking story, a man has come out to share the news of the cancellation of his wedding ceremony after his bride-to-be had a change of mind.

The groom-to-be, identified as Marshall Bernard, shared the sad news with members of the online community in a long and detailed post in which he narrated how his fiancée bailed on him.


According to Bernard, he was supposed to send a reminder to everyone who was invited to the ceremony, which was set to be held on Saturday, 20 April. However, in a twist of event, the wedding was cancelled by his partner on the basis of 'irreconcilable differences'. He added that he made several efforts to get his future bride to have a change of mind, but his pleas fell on deaf ears. This, according to him, made him cry like a baby, and if not for the sake of the Holy Spirit he would have done the unthinkable.

“Today, Monday, April 15, I was supposed to do a bulk SMS reminding everyone about my wedding this Saturday, April 20. But yesterday, Sunday, April 14, my bride canceled the wedding. Let us just chuck it up on 'irreconcilable differences.' “All efforts to get her to reconsider until 1am last night proved ineffective. I respect her decision, but I wept like a baby. I could have done the unthinkable at midnight yesterday, but there is someone in me, called the Holy Spirit. He would not let me do that. Right now, I am fine, believe me.” Bernard further divulged that the i*ncident had become a n*ightmare for him because of different people who had been invited to the occasion, especially some who made financial commitments to ensure a colourful event.


He used the opportunity to tender his sincere apologies to everyone who scheduled their activities to accommodate the event, which was supposed to have been held this weekend. Bernard said: “This is an apology to the general public which I have invited to the wedding, some of who have already bought gifts, made flight and hotel reservations, etc. I respect you enough to give this explanation. I am truly sorry for this mess. To my sponsors, I am sorry.” On a final note, he made it known that the bachelor’s evening, which was slated to be held on Friday, 16 April would still take place as his male friends made it a point of duty to help him get over what happened. See his post below:


Facebook has greatly reduced the distribution of our stories in our readers’ newsfeeds and is instead promoting mainstream media sources. When you share to your friends, however, you greatly help distribute our content. Please take a moment and consider sharing this article with your friends and family. Thank you.

Previous Next