While a lot of things are changing now that her kids are growing up and some are even leaving the nest, such as Maddox, it turns out that Angelina Jolie is enjoying the new chapter that has just started in her life.


In other words, she may be heartbroken that they are moving away but the actress has still found a way to use this for her advantage and ‘rediscover herself.’

But of course, there will be more time until the other five will have left the family home so, at this time, she enjoys being a mom of teens.

During a new interview, Angie claimed she’s having a lot of fun at this stage in their life and explained why.

Chatting with HELLO! the Hollywood star shared that ‘When I do take time for myself, I rediscover that softness I speak of… I also realize I have more fight and resilience in me than I knew. But at my core I’m soft and vulnerable – it’s not my dream just to be strong. I want to be allowed to be soft and I don’t want to be harmed or feel unsupported when I am.’

According to Angelina, her children treat her ‘like a lady,’ particularly on Mother’s Day, a very special celebration for them since she is a mom of six after all.

On that special day, the teenagers ‘make me breakfast and pick me flowers,’ she shared.

As for how she’s been rediscovering herself at their side, the actress explained that ‘When your children are little you feel more ‘mommy’.


When they are teenagers you start to remember yourself as a teenager. You see them going to punk clubs and you wonder why you can’t go. I’m in this fun moment where I’m rediscovering myself.’

Previous Next